Monday, November 19, 2012

What We've Been Up To

-Considering that my 7-week-old car has 5,800 miles on it, I've been doing a lot of driving!

-Last week started with a studio recital for my cello and piano students on Sunday afternoon.  Recitals are a lot of work for all of us- me, the parents, the students- but it is totally worth it!  I didn't bring my picture-taker (Nathan) this time, so I don't have pictures and videos to show you this time, but each student did a great job.  We had lots of solos as well as a cello quartet and a couple piano duets.  I ended the week with a concert with one of the orchestras I play with.  Rehearsals meant that I didn't get home until 11:00 each night last week.  Nathan and I felt like we didn't see each other at all that week!

-Watson became an outdoor dog yesterday.  It breaks my heart to see him looking in the sidelights of the front door, whining and wanting to come in.  I know he'll be happy playing on our 3-acre lot and I'll be happy about how much cleaner our floors and furniture will be.  I wishfully hope babies are less work than puppies!

-I started P90X two weeks ago.  I was really nervous to start because I had heard it was so hard.  So, I bought it for $40 on Craigslist, hoping that if I couldn't swing it, I could at least resell it without losing too much.  What I found is that some days ARE really hard, but it's not impossible.  I cannot do a pull up to save my life, but the video gives you alternative things to do using exercise bands so you can eventually work up to a pull up.  The only downside is that it's so LONG!  60, 75 or 90 minutes a day, depending on the video scheduled. 

-Thanksgiving this year is going to be at Nathan's paternal grandparents.  We live two houses down from them so we can literally walk there.  They are having 50 people, so I hope that we have nice weather to hang out outdoors!  

-Our house remodel is nearly done.  I would guess that in about 6 weeks, we'll be just about done with all our major projects.  Right now, there is a backhoe parked in our front yard (classy!) and we have trenches dug where our sidewalks will be, hopefully by next week.  But with the big, dusty mess we have now, I think we'll skip cutting a tree and pulling the boxes of Christmas decorations out of the spare bedroom.  It makes me sad since I'm the person who put up our tree last year at our rental house two weeks before Thanksgiving.  But there's always next year, and this house will be so beautiful all decked out for the holidays.

-And speaking of that, I'm almost done with our Christmas shopping!  I need to buy Nathan's gifts, and then we have four more relatives to find gifts for.  After that, let the wrapping begin!

No comments: