Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday Catch-Up

1. Let's start with a disclaimer- this is a really quick post while I have a small break in my teaching schedule.  We'll see how much I can catch you all up on in ten minutes.

2. We got our Prius last week and are thrilled with it.  I'm consistently getting 53 miles per gallon, but today I averaged 56 miles per gallon on my 60-mile drive.  The hatchback is awesome.  I officially recall all the jokes I have made about how ugly Prius' are.  (I still think they are ugly, for the record.)

3.  I always have the day off on Friday (the perk of being your own boss!) and I'm looking forward to a long walk with Watson, baking cookies, hanging more pictures and a mirror.  I also need to paint my bathroom walls, and put a couple more hours in on painting the white trim in our whole house.  It is amazing how your house seems to grow when you sit down to paint ALL the trim.

4.  I try to make Friday my big cleaning day so that I don't have to do any major chores when Nathan's home for the weekend.  Especially since we are Nathan is still working like crazy at remodeling our house, I try to be available on the weekend to help him out cheer him on while still managing to not get dirty.

5.  We did hire someone to remodel our porch for us, which has been an amazing experience.  It's so fun to come home in the evening and see the progress that you did not have to be involved in.  The porch is going to be our mudroom with built in lockers and a big L-shaped bench with drawers beneath it.  It has lots of windows and I'm planning on painting it an orangy-red color.  We haven't decided what to do with half of the room but we really want to replace our boring idea of having a couple of comfy reading chairs in that part with hanging a hammock from the ceiling.  We probably won't, but it sounds so much more practical than an outdoor hammock.

6. My mom, Isaac, Eva and I went to the pumpkin patch last week.  I got a spaghetti squash and baked it a couple of nights ago.  Nathan and I couldn't believe how delicious it was as a replacement for pasta and according to Nathan, it is super fun to scrape the "spaghetti" out of the rind.

7. My time is up, time to head out to my next student.  I am being super-teacher today and working until 9:45.  But don't feel too bad for me...I only work three days a week.  :-)


No comments: