2. I'm going to post some before and after pictures of our house this week, I promise!
3. Our other errand yesterday was looking (again) at the new car we are getting. We have been talking about this for a long time, and decided to stop by a different dealership on our way home yesterday to see if we could get a better deal. Our casual conversation in the salesman's office turned into this high pressure push for him to get us in a car TODAY. Nathan loved all the haggling, adrenaline and craziness, but it just made me sweat like crazy and want to cry. Apparently I would be terrible at sales! Oh, and no, the salesman did not send us driving home in the car.
4. I finally caught up on all my picture printing this week from January 2009 to now. 600 pictures are coming in the mail next week for me to sort and put in albums. I love doing that, but I have vowed to never again skip picture printing for nearly four years. If you don't hear from me next week, I'm buried under a pile of pictures. Here's some pictures from early 2009...I guess we haven't changed that much in almost 4 years, which is good?
This is how most of our pictures turn out since Nathan loves having his picture taken.
He is eating cookies in this picture...typical. :-)
5. We have been reading Monster by Frank Peretti together. If you like a good scary thriller that will make you never want to go camping or hiking again, this is a great choice. Neither of us like to drive, but I like to read out loud even less, so when we are in the car together, he reads and I drive. It's cheaper than books on tape and way more entertaining to listen to Nathan try to remember to do his "voices" for the different characters so I can tell who is talking.
6. We have a five or six hour round-trip road trip tomorrow for soccer games. Watson usually goes with us and if I get bored watching multiple soccer games in a row, we just head out for a nice walk. Nathan has been coaching this U14 club team in the fall and spring for a year now, and the best perk is the paid for hotel, gas and food when we have weekend tournaments far away. I usually watch some of the games, go shopping when I get bored, and then Nathan and I usually have a good amount of time in the evenings to do something fun in St. Louis or wherever the tournament is. It's fun and it keeps Nathan super busy! He's a computer programmer for nine hours a day plus a 90-minute round-trip commute, he coaches soccer on Tuesday and Thursday evenings plus weekends and puts in about 20 hours of work on our house each week!